Wednesday 23 May 2012

Scrap camp - Away in WA

In April we went away on our first full scrapbooking camp. It was lots of fun and very tiring. If you go on one, prepared to eat and sleep poorly.

Rochelle and I were very excited. My luggage was extremely heavy and difficult to carry from work to Perth Train Station; as we were taking Rochelle's car, she had packed it to the roof with the entire contents of her scrap room.

The camp was run by Scrap Away in WA. We camped at Lake Leschenaultia, and food and bedding were not provided. We slept in a dorm room on bunk beds, one bunk bed to a person. I highly recommend taking something to block out nighttime sounds, or just don't sleep until 2am. Or maybe it was 4am, I was too tired to read the time properly. There was also plenty of fridge and pantry space for food.

We had groups from two shops attend. These were Scraptique and Tomorrow's Memories. Scraptique set up a stall, and we could buy papers and a large assortment of stickers, embellishments and so forth. Made with Memories were showcasing their new line of silicone moulds. With these you can press in clay or pour in wax or UTEE, and pop out your own embellishments. Rochelle was extremely impressed, and a new toy was added to the collection- the moulds and a Melting pot. I am letting her test it before I buy one, but the effects I saw on another blog a while ago now make more sense, and looked very good.

There were several competitions during the camp, mostly raffles which cost $2 per entry. There were also two competitions for a scrapbooked page. One involved taking a layout and putting your own twist on it; the other was a challenge to use at least 4 items from the goodie bag we were given at the start of camp.

These are the layouts I completed at camp:
Layouts completed at Camp

The following is the one I completed for the competition involving using a "sketch", or pre-drawn layout. Please excuse that it is sideways, blogger rotates it every time I upload it.
Competition Layout

I found the camp fun, and I feel much more prepared for the next one this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment