Monday 4 June 2012

Mad Hatter's Tea Party, Perth

On the 10th of March I went to a Mad Hatter's Tea Party in Northbridge. It was hosted at the CNR cafe, which is on the corner of Lake Street and James Street.

The link (if it still works) is here: http://www.showmeperth.com.au/event/mad-hatters-tea-party

After arriving late due to a wardrobe malfunction (there were no wardrobes between the scrap class I'd been attending and the event) I joined my family and partner. The party had taken over the whole lawn, and activities included croquet, giant scrabble (which my family enjoyed immensely), table tennis and badminton.
Croquet game
My family at the scrabble board
Scrabble is so much fun!
The temperature was sweltering (according to the Bureau of Meteorology, it reached 39.5 degrees Celsius (103.1 degrees Fahrenheit). The cafe served iced tea (we suspect it to be Ceylon Orange, with extra tasty bits), and tiny delectables. These included "eat me" cupcakes, sandwiches with the crusts cut off and the latest foodie craze in Perth, macaroons.
A selection of desserts - scone and an "eat me" cupcake
There was a competition for best dressed. The winners were a cheshire cat (we aren't sure how they stopped themselves turning into a puddle), a steampunk bloke with a mechanical ostrich, 3 ladies in purple and red (their costumes were stunning), the Queen of Hearts and the Mad Hatter.

Some of the stunning costumes

I enjoyed the day a lot. The group who put it together can be found here: http://www.thegreatsteampunkaffaire.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment