Sunday 24 June 2012

Paper Range Reviews: Serenity

This collection is called "Serenity" by Bo Bunny. I bought several pagesof this one, as well as the 6" pad. I found it lovely, and very useful as I have a stack of photographs from holidays in Japan to scrapbook. The colours are muted and elegant, and they have generally avoided Japanese and Chinese characters in favour of the patterns and symbols (oriental flowers, bamboo, waves) found in their artwork instead.

I have completed two double-page spreads with this so far. The first spread is really two pages that happened to have the same colour scheme and content, rather than being planned as a spread.

Shrine gate and flowers
(yes, the image has been turned on it's side)

I cut a shrine gate out of black card
to lay over the one on the page

Several flowers were cut out of
the 6" pad to layer with another
flower for detail

Fabric behind the journalling added a nature element to the page
In this second spread, I took the colours in the designs and worked with them to create my own paper patterns from white paper, and then used some of the cut-outs from one of the papers.

The text and bamboo patterns were sprayed or stamped on;
the square with "Serenity" came from the paper range.

Ribbons were used to border photographs, and add detail at corners.
So there it is, the next Paper Range Review. Let me know if there's one you'd like to see put up!

No comments:

Post a Comment