Sunday 24 June 2012

Sunday Scrapping

I was going to write an article about how to set up your scrap room and post some photos showing the different incarnations of my scrap room over the last year, but I was struggling a little for inspiration today and my scrap room is really messy! So I thought I would show you some of the pages I have made today, and then next week I will clean and photograph my scrap room and all my nifty storage ideas. 

Today I decided to play around with texture paste which is a really great way of making things more multidimensional. So far I have only used texture paste to make wood-like effects as per the photo below. However I do think I should experiment with other looks that can be achieved with this great product. 

On this layout I used texture paste to get a 3D wood look, and then dribbled white paint over the wood. I also used buttons and butterflies for interest. Unfortunately my computer is playing up so I haven't been able to add photos to any of todays layouts.

  
I also developed a template and inks addiction at scrap camp (thanks to Jo) and I spent the weekend playing with my new templates and an array of ink colours and glimmer mists. In these two layouts I have been experimenting with inks and mists using the running writing template. 


In the above layout I have inked and sprayed the writing template onto the white paper, then used lilac tissue paper with writing paper over the top. I distressed, inked and curled all the edges on this layout to give it an aged look, then I made a small note-holding pocket to tuck into the back of the papers which I will (eventually!) put some journalling on. When my computer is fixed I am going to print a series of small 2x3 images to go in a photo strip down the brown paper strip.

These two layouts are unfinished but I have been experimenting with a clock motif, using a multitude of different products including stamps and templates. I also embossed the photo mounts with a fleur de lis pattern which I highlighted with gold rub'n buff. In the second layout, the clock was already present on the page so I added the hands using chipboard which I inked brown, and UTEE'd the outside of the clock frame. I also added crackle accents onto the clock hands to give it a nice antique look.



Finally, I completed this layout today. Specific elements of interest are the flower vine which was done in gold utee, and the gold and orange embellishment in the corner. I made this embellishment using the shapabilities range cut onto chipboard and with a pearl brad in the centre.



Hope you like these, let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment